Saturday, January 31, 2009

Family


Today Eric and I went down to LA to see parts of my family. It was Christopher's 1st Birthday and my what a day he had! Christopher is my cousin Laura's son from my mom's side of the family. I am happy that I was able to share some time with family considering we're all not too far away from one another. Coralynne (daughter of my other cousin, Lisa) has gotten more and more beautiful each time I see her. She has a baby brother, Kai on the way (due April 12th) and has a lot to learn about sharing; she took it hard when everyone wanted to place their attention on Christopher when she wanted him all to herself.


Christopher has been walking since the end of the October of last year, so he has a huge running start from all his other friends! It was a beautiful day in LA; 85 degrees! So nice to get away from the cold in Bakersfield (who knew?!). Chris had a great time playing/eating his birthday cake. I'm sure glad he liked what his Auntie Kimi bought him, a T-REX from Build-A-Bear!


The drive there and back wasn't bad at all; too bad Eric always falls asleep on the car ride home...

2 comments:

Em said...

Very cute pictures!!

Rebecca said...

Rick- I see the build-a-bear t-rex! coolness!