Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Mom

I stayed home today because I was sick - what did I do? Coughed a lot, slept and blogged. I also purchased flowers to be delivered to my mom in Bakersfield. I was so sad to not have seen her on her birthday this year. We planned on going home but there was an awful storm headed our way and the 5 North through the grapevine was closed. I really wish there was a way I could bake a cake and send it to her and it not be damaged. Next year is the BIG 6-0 for her! I can't believe she's 59 years young. She looks amazing. I want to age just like her! So I remembered the website classmates.com - and I just subscribed to a 24 hour access and found her yearbook from Delano High. Talk about a blast from the past!

Now of course I had to put a more recent picture of her - she'd be mad at me if I didn't hehe. She just looks so great!


These are the flowers I sent her; she called me this afternoon and said she wasn't expecting such a surprise. I'm sure glad I bought them! Happy 59th Birthday, Mama!


No comments: