Sunday, June 1, 2008

new

So i've decided to start a blog; I've done a few in the past, but this I hope will be an easier way at times to jot down my memories and thoughts than my journal since I don't always have it handy.

I celebrated my 24th Birthday on Friday. A good number of my great friends dined with me at Sorella's. My dish was excellent, but I'm not sure about everyone else. You just have to know what to order there. Being 24 is ok for now. I'm still in the 18-24 category; only Angela has told me that 24-25 were good years for her, so here's hoping. 23 was a great year.



A lot of things happened that year; I went to the temple, moved with amanda, gained a better relationship with eric, and got promoted to Regional. But i'm excited what this year has to offer me; hopefully not a move to LA quite yet with my position. I thought I was ready and good for it since I had been applying for the Northern California position. But as the days went on, I was so anxious and my stomach was in knots due to the thought of leaving my family and eric. I know it would only be temporary before eric woud eventually move to LA for school, but the thought that I couldn't see him everyday was very upsetting. Who knows, we're young and don't have any kids (duh, we're not married yet!) this is the time to be traveling and on to new adventures.
Speaking of traveling, my position requires to me to travel a lot. I don't mind that, but it has interferred with my Philadelphia/NY trip. Eric and I had to reschedule a couple of days later, which then rippled into paying more for our flights. It was really cheap roundtrip, too. About $252....it now ended up being $300 or so. Way bummed out about that. I'm flying out to San Francisco on monday evening and then returning to LA on Thursday; then meeting up with eric at LAX to fly out to Philadelphia that same day. Insaneness. I packed my MP3 player, some books, and the scriptures. I'm debating whether or not to bring my laptop. It would be very useful in the hotel room. These are pictures of the Sir Francis Drake. I'm super excited to be staying there! The room looks so amazing...it's GREEN!

I have more to write, but I gotta get going to church. Today Baby Henry, Jocelyn's baby is getting his blessing. How awesome the church is...more on that later!

No comments: