Monday, March 2, 2009

New Calling

So yesterday I was called to the Miamaid Advisor in Young Women's. I am very excited for this calling; I can only recalling once ever going to YW when I was 16 with a friend. I converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints when I was 20 (4 years this April!). I never got to experience mutual or girls' camp.
I remember when Eric used to go to mutual or when Jessica went to girls' camp; I wished I could be part of it. Now I will live vicariously through these YM lol. I am really happy to be in First Ward and all the blessings that it has brought me. The support from my ward family is amazing and I really feel confident in myself with the gospel.
I have so many ideas to bring to YM; I want to make our own little blog for the girls. They have Mormal *lol such a funny name* coming up and we're going to do make-up day and all that fun girl stuff. It makes me happy since I never had any sisters; again, living vicariously through them.
I had a hard time falling asleep last night, went to be past midnight. I'm only praying that today will be a good day considering the odds are against me: it's Monday, I had less than 8 hours of sleep, it's new employee orientation. I better get going if I want to get to work early and start on some stuff before 8.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Congratulations on your new calling. It seems like you'll make it a ton of fun for those girls!

Em said...

Congrats! Sounds like a big responsibility, but I know you'll do great with the YM!

Em said...

And I totally mean YW, not YM LOL