Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's hot as Hades

So last week, and into this week I've been ill. Wednesday night at 11:30 pm is when it actually started. My stomach hurt so bad and I was throwing up every 15 minutes until 3 am-ish. This continued each day; I was so nauseous and could not hold down even a sip of water. What did/do I have? Some crazy stomach flu that has adapted to my body apparently.

Today is not so bad, but I'm extremely sensitve to everything I eat and very tired. Eric's grandma, Nina Jorgensen passed away last week and tomorrow is her viewing and service at 9 am at the A Street Building. We were fortunate to see her a lot the past couple of weeks with Cory's homecoming and such. Eric and I visited her at the hospital twice and dropped by some yellow roses. I am happy that she is finally without pain and can be with Grandpa Jorgensen. She was a wonderful woman and fun to talk with; she'll be missed but we'll meet again :) We're going to Utah on Tuesday for the actual burial and I'm hoping I can make the car ride since we are no longer flying. I hope my stomach will be ok by then; been on a light solid/liquid diet the passed few days. Cannot tell you how much I crave burgers, pizza, sweets!

Speaking of sweets, yesterday (and today but it's the Sabbath) was Dewar's 100th anniversary. They celebrated with an all day event of games, prizes and free samples of their 8 new flavors of chews just for the event; they are peanut butter & jelly, pistachio, carmel pistachio, vanilla, roasted pecan, hot chili, george's special and grape. Of course we ended up getting pistachio (the best flavor in the world).
It was SUPER hot and I'm used to the heat (hey I've been in Arizona when it was 114 degrees at 11 pm!). But the air was more than humid, it felt like we were in an oven. I couldn't breathe!! Luckily Rebecca and her family were kind enough for me and eric to take a dip in the pool afterwards :)





I made these cute little candy bags for the YW today with my lesson on Reaching Out to Others. It says " A little spoonful of patience helps every friendship grow".

No comments: