Friday, May 8, 2009

Utah...again!

Last weekend Rebecca and I (oh and plus Mateo, too) went to Spanish Fork, Utah to do some "special" shopping. The drive there is something I've never experienced and I can say it wasn't that bad! I luckily had a great driver and a little entertainer in the back seat to keep me busy and not go insane.

Driving through the canyon was fun and passing Las Vegas made me want to stop for some amazing buffet food (next time around). We stopped in St. George to see the temple since I remind you once again I have not driven to Utah before. The St. George temple is SO beautiful. I love the style of architecture and the presence it gives; very different from many of the newer temples.

After St. George we jumped right back in the car to continue our way to Spanish Fork. When we arrived in town, the moutains still had lots of snow! It was such a beautiful place; I can see why people decide to live there. It's only about 20 minutes to Provo and Orem; I could live there :) hah.

Anyway, we had a great time shopping: Rebecca is super woman and such a great friend. We had wonderful taco soup from her Aunt (so good!) and they were gracious enough for us to stay there for the weekend.

As all good vacations come to an end we headed home. The drive back was going pretty fast and we were making good time until we saw a sign that informed us of Hwy 58 being closed. Apparently there was a problem with the high winds and a windmill had wonderfully been projected off into the road. So instead of bearing some shards of metal into the car we were forced to take a detour. As going against my good judgement I didn't listen to the GPS (hey sometimes those little buggers are incorrect!) and listened to a certain someone instead *cough* not anyone in the car. We ended up going through Santa Clarita and headed back down the grapevine (I swear no trip of mine is ever without the grapevine!). This made our trip over 1 1/2 longer than expected.









All in all it was a super fun trip and I'm glad we went. Next time, if anyone has to take a detour from the 58, remember to take the 138 Avenue D...that will cut you across into Gorman and skipping the 5 North COMPLETELY. :)













3 comments:

The Pollocks said...

Beautiful pictures! Santa Clarita, huh? Next time that happens, come say hi to Dexter and Lila! Haha.

Unknown said...

i KNOW, I thought of you guys! It was late though and we were having cabin fever hahah. next time!

Lindsey said...

This "special" shopping wouldn't be wedding shopping, would it?!