Tuesday, October 13, 2009

All I Want For Christmas

I know it's a bit premature, however I tend to forget these things and when mom asks, "What do you want for Christmas?" I can now refer to this!
This summer I went to go see Julie & Julia with my mom; I really want to read the book now and I think I may just pick that up today since today is such a wonderful day to curl up next to a good book. I've always been a fan of Julia Child; my mom used to watch her on the tele *yes I am going to use that word!* and I foundly remember this stalky, tall woman bumbling around the kitchen and drinking lots of wine. lol. Wonderful childhood, right? I remember those memories of tv, shopping and cooking. What else is life about? :)

Anyway, the movie was quite spendid and I never understood why I didn't have Julia's cookbook. So that is all I want for Christmas, Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking Box Set if possible. Thanks, Santa.

P.S. Tonight for dinner: Artichoke Chicken and Rice

1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts halves
1/4 cup flour
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups converted rice
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper or pimiento
4 green onions, chopped
4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 cups chicken broth (use bouillon, canned, or base)
1 can cream of celery soup, low fat
1 can artichokes, quartered and drained
Preparation:
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Combine flour, cheese, salt, pepper, and paprika. Dredge chicken in the flour mixture then brown in the hot oil. Transfer chicken to the slow cooker. In the hot skillet, saute bell pepper, green onions, and mushrooms for about 2 minutes; add chicken broth and soup, stirring to combine thoroughly; pour over chicken. Stir in rice and artichokes; cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours on low. Serves 6.

1 comment:

Em said...

Yum, that recipe looks good! I'll have to try it sometime!

I love trying new things and have my own little recipe collection, too.