Saturday, July 14, 2012

Almost there: Second Trimester

Yay!! I am nearing towards 'The most wonderful' part of pregnancy...as I am told. Everyone has been saying this over and over to me while I have wasted away my days throwing up my just eaten lunch in the bathroom. First - what did the last week of my first trimester bring me?

{WARNING: I do not hold back on my pregnancy symptoms/stories. So if you are like what I was prior to becoming pregnant...ummmm DELUSIONAL that these symptoms won't happen to you, then you should probably skip this part}.

Let me share:
  1. Severe morning sickness symptoms, including nausea and vomiting {YES, not as frequent, but there}. Zofran could only do so much...constipated much?!
  2. Breathlessness {aye, even a 5 minute walk is hard}.
  3. Emotional craziness {Eric took a picture of me while I was practically wearing a 'moo-moo', lying on the couch, sans makeup and no shower for that day}. What he called 'beautiful', I called disgusting. Of course I ended up crying immediately after he took the picture. How dare he take a picture without my consent LOL. FYI - he didn't mean any harm, it was quite sweet after the fact since he loves how my belly is growing. But he still deleted the picture.
  4. Bad dreams. I've had these for awhile. From alien abduction to just flat out scary zombie dreams. The best dreams are about food though :)
So now that I've scared everyone away - let's talk about gender! Ok, so in reality I'm not doing to disclose the gender quite yet. I've created a dang board in Pinterest just in homage of this moment and I want it perfect LOL. But back to the place where we went for the early gender detection. I was really iffy about this place because it was on the 'other side' of the 55 in Costa Mesa. LOL. That and they only asked for cash. So, Ultrasound Me is legit. While it may have looked shady - the actual facility itself was very nice and clean. The employees were very professional and kind. I paid my $25 in cash {woot!} and we actually decided to add on the $5 DVD. While I was excited about finding out the gender, I was even more giddy about the DVD. Our obstetrician at Kaiser does not promote video recording or taking pictures of our ultrasound {logical of course just in case people complain on the actual non-diagnostic appt.}. Anywho, having that DVD was so wonderful! It was at least 7 minutes long and we were able to make copies for the grandparents :) Below is a sneek peak!



No picture of me this week - I think I was just too busy probably stuffing my face. But I did score some super cute maternity shirts from Old Navy {not all items I bought were blue!}. Apparently my thing right now are stripes now that I look through my wardrobe LOL. P.S. I don't have the skinny jeans as seen below, but I really want them!


P.S. Shout out to my baby daddy, Eric. He has been uber amazing throughout this whole process. Very kind, helpful and most of all supportive. He really has taken on the chores and dinner duties (I change my mind constantly) and I'm so very grateful to have him!


Baby is a size of an orange!


How far along? 15 weeks
Total weight gain: +2-3 lbs...making progress!
Maternity clothes? see my shopping habits above. 
Stretch marks? no - using lots of Vitamin E enriched lotion!
Sleep: not all the way through now. I wake up around 1 or 3AM starving.
Best moment this week: Seeing my belly grow! Having the DVD U/S from Ultrasound me AND OF COURSE FINDING OUT THE GENDER!{oh the suspense!!}
Miss Anything? Watching Eric eat something I can't touch right now is annoying.
Movement: none yet
Food cravings: Vanilla Milkshakes, ramen, burgers.
Anything making you queasy or sick: slight smells
Gender: Still thinking boy.
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Ravenous hunger and fatigue. Headaches are back again {oh no!}
Belly Button in or out? still flat
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: very happy
Looking forward to: shopping for baby!!

No comments: