Saturday, July 14, 2012

Bring on the burgers and milkshakes!

Webster's Dictionary defines HUNGER as:

1. a craving or urgent needs for food or a specific nutrient
2. an uneasy sensation occasioned by the lack of food
3. a weakened condition brought about by a prolonged lack of food

Yes. That about sums it up right now. I am definitely feeling the HUNGER. I eat, I'm hungry. I sleep, I'm hungry. I'm hungry when I'm hungry LOL. What the heck is going on with me? I want to eat everything in sight. Don't put me in front of a buffet, otherwise they will go out of business {side note: I've actually considered going to a buffet, however lately I've been really conscious of people and their germs. Or I should say people and their lack of personal hygiene}. Lately I can eat almost anything. But what I really love is red meat. Steaks, burgers, etc. Just thinking about red meat makes me drool. I've never had an aversion to meat anyway, but I can eat that stuff all day long. I'm trying very hard to keep my nutrition at its best; so while I'll splurge with a burger, I'll make sure to have fruit and water. Burgers have protein! Veggie intake is becoming somewhat of a problem. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE veggies - but my 'uneasy sensation' of hunger is pretty immediate and does not give me time to think or let alone prepare what I want for dinner. Eric will ask me what I would like to eat and food will just sound so disgusting and make me nauseated. But 5 minutes later I am ravishing with hunger. Go figure, thank you pregnancy.  

Things I like to eat:

Burgers {did I already say that LOL}, yogurt, MILK, cereal, cantaloupe, Sausage McMuffins, zucchinis, bananas, pears {good thing there's TONS of fiber!}. MILKSHAKES - specifically vanilla, tuna sandwiches {limiting myself no more than 6oz a week}. paninis from Corner Bakery, bean burritos, tacos...carne asada, Chinese food, corn on the cob....hungry yet??? I really need to go to the OC Fair. 

I feel better about gaining weight now. We went to our 16 week appointment yesterday at Kaiser. Our MD is Dr. Leo Pevzner; he's a very peculiar MD. I mean that in the best way - he's very up front and has great bedside manner. He's quite funny to watch when performing the U/S - he becomes frustrated with himself if he can't find something right way {sounds oddly like my hubby}. He's a smart guy and I trust him, so I guess that is what matters most. Plus, he's very thorough. Eric loves him - I was hesitant from changing our original OBGYN since we loved her so much, but Dr. Pevzner is a keeper. I'm up 9 lbs if you can believe it - told you I like to eat. And I've never been more happier to see that scale go up. I was really worried for awhile with all the weight loss that the baby was getting sufficient nutrients since I didn't have much intake to begin with. But things are coming along great. We have our first birthing class set for Monday night - I'm worried about that since I hear they show videos LOL. Eric said he doesn't want to see any of that and when the time comes, he wants me to be his first encounter of seeing a baby being born. haha.

So back to pregnancy symptoms. While at times I feel I can conquer the world with the energy I've been given. I came to a realization while driving to work one day: I don't think women experience a BURST of energy during this time. I think that it's just been so long ago that we felt normal, that what we think is this sudden, amazing feeling of energy is really just what we've had all our lives. Just now, it's foreign to us and we feel like SUPERWOMAN  by cleaning the house, doing the chores, going shopping, making dinner, going to work {and actually being productive}, etc. without any fuss. Good luck with that.

No comments: