Monday, June 25, 2012

The Dreaded Week 13

So I'm not a superstitious person; never have been. I love black cats, Halloween, numbers don't bother me and I don't belive in ghosts. But I honestly belive with every fiber {FIBER is the foreshadowing word here} that week 13 was cursed.

For one, I didn't take my weekly pic. That should have thrown me a penalty flag {I referenced football, Eric!} and I experienced new symptoms that threw me upside down. Not only did the nausea kick in full swing (I actually USED the Zofran presribed to me), but I experienced this lovely 5 day of awful, head splitting, literally why don't you hit me with a baseball bat SINUS HEADACHE. I've had a few sinus headaches in my time, but from Friday to Tuesday of last week it was doing me in. I eventually went in to the doctor's that Tuesday and was just given Flonase. Little did I know what I would be experiencing later in the week, the sinus issue was a piece of cake.

The week went off without a hitch and I woke up in the middle of the night Saturday around 3AM and was so dizzy and nauseated that I immediately ran into the bathroom to throw up all the water I had drank that day. Dehydration is a big deal to me so I made sure I had some water before I went back to bed. I woke up that morning around 8AM and had some yogurt, read E! News and relaxed with my new Snoogle {Thank you MIL!}. That's when it hit me, what you say? Just insummountable pain...in uh, where the sun doesn't shine. What was going on? I had craved a cheeseburger and fries the night before. Thank you husband who came to my craving of Mickey D's. But I've experienced bad stomach aches before this and I could definitely tell the difference. REALLY, really long story short. After 8+ grueling hours of um certain pain I went into the ER, after some usage of my yoga skills, latex glove and lube I can happily say that ship has sailed.

WHY. Is all I have to say. Well the ER MD had an answer for that: Estrogen. My lovely friend, Estrogen - thank you for making my digestive system so slow and inadvertedly giving me the most horrific experience of my life {can't wait to child birth!}. All in all, FIBER is the word of the day. I eat pretty healthy overall I thought - yes, I know, Mickey D's isn't healthy, but...what can I say? That was my induldgence and I'll stick with ice cream from now on.
Baby is the size of a peach!

 
How far along? 13 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain: -/+ lbs (thank you nausea)
Maternity clothes? mixing a few items, but the new ones I purchased a few weeks ago don't fit LOL
Stretch marks? no
Sleep: Knocked out still by 9ish.
Best moment this week: Having a BM this morning. TMI!
Miss Anything? Saturday it was the little things...LOL
Movement: none yet
Food cravings: Peanut butter frozen yogurt
Anything making you queasy or sick: smells, the visual aspect of a chicken breast YUCK
Gender: TBD...I think boy though!
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: HELLO CONSTIPATION {O..M..G!}
Belly Button in or out? still flat
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: after Saturday I am happy as a clam LOL
Looking forward to: Next Ultrasound appt.

 

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!