Saturday, August 11, 2012

First movement: 20 Weeks

After my much needed rest from Girls' Camp {like a 3 hour nap}, I still was tired but starving of course. Eric did a Chipotle run and we watched re-runs of Felicity on Netflix hah. Coming back from GC is a weird feeling, while I was only gone for 1 day, it felt time had stopped. I think it was just the lack of sleep thinking because even though I'm writing this post, I can go back to bed any second.

Last night however, after reading Twin blogs {become quite an addiction lately}, I really wanted to take the time to feel the babies move. I'm already 20 weeks and after reading my pregnancy books, movement tends to happen 18-22 weeks, however with first time moms, I read it can be up to 24 weeks. Eric swears he felt Baby B kick two weeks ago, but I didn't get the pleasure of encountering that feel. So I was determined to feel some movement that night; after some spicy Chipotle I drank a glass of apple juice, and as a snack some cinnamon apple rice cakes. Then, I just laid on the bed staring at my tummy. I demanded that Eric stop moving in bed {he's such a wiggler} and I steadied my hand on the most active Baby B side.

Of course, I Googled 'Best Way to Feel Baby Kick' so I could get the best tips on what to do. After doing my research I just waited. Low and behold after a few minutes Baby B gave a kick little kick and we saw a tiny little protrusion out of my tummy! Yay! Finally! Success! Of course it didn't stop there; I felt a roll and other flutters {I guess that is  the best way it's described from people}. All of a sudden my right side gave a little push, Baby A wanted to show off, too! We were so happy to finally experience seeing their movements; Eric gets such a 'kick' out of it..haha. So I know these babies are Eric's for sure - what gets them going is 1) Food 2) Anything apple cinnamon...LOL.

Eventually when they start to really kick and move, I'm going to record it. While we're at the half way mark...actually a little further since twin pregnancy terms are shorter than singletons. Our MD has told us that 36-38 weeks is considered full-term. So I'm crossing my fingers, 18 more weeks to go! I guess I need to muster some energy up and start what they call 'nesting', huh? We're still in the midst of unpacking since we've been so busy {unable to celebrate our 3rd anniversary this week due to a broken water heater...} and I've been unable to make the gender announcements like I've been wishing to do. Lastly, we haven't even registered for baby stuff - we went to Babies R Us the other day and I cracked up laughing seeing Eric's face on what items actually cost. I had to push his eyes back into their sockets. While we were first given the twins news I don't know what went through his mind, but that is what exactly went through mine : $$$ DOUBLE OF EVERYTHING $$$.

Still can't commit to Baby B's name - I've figured out some front runners, but nothing is sticking like Baby A's {granted, I've had the baby name picked out for awhile since I just always thought we'd have a boy or a girl, not in my wildest dreams I would think I needed TWO of the same gender}.

Some sites that I've stumbled upon {some are quite funny/strange}:

 
Babies are a size of a banana {wow!}

How far along? 20 weeks, 4 days
Size of babies: 10 oz, 6.5"
Total weight gain: ~15lbs
Exercise habits: I count Girls Camp as exercise...
Maternity clothes? Yes - I finally found a pair of maternity jeans at Old Navy {finally} BUT my tummy isn't large enough yet to hold the band up that my jeans sag and low ride LOL.
Stretch marks? no..lather up, baby!
Sleep: I knock out pretty easy now.
Best moment this week: Feeling babies kick!
Miss Anything?Pizza...
Movement:Yes! Yay!!
Food cravings: cheeseburgers, vanilla ice cream cones, and mac 'n cheese! STEAK.
Anything making you queasy or sick: still with chicken.
Gender: TBA...yay!
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Leg cramps! Ugh!! Horrible. I've given myself 3 charlie horses last night.
Belly Button in or out? still flat
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Register at Babies R Us.
Not looking forward to: unpacking 
Goals: To have babies be over 4-5lbs and to not deliver until 37 weeks.

4 comments:

Jenna Brown said...

Wow- you actually saw a little protrusion from your stomach? It took me weeks to actually see that. You def. need to record it when they kick like crazy. I need to record it soon, before my little one is out. It's just so surreal to see your stomach go up and down like a rollercoaster.

Glad to know that you're doing well and enjoying the growing babies in your tummy. Keep on keepin' on, and stay healthy momma!

Walkers said...

Kiki, I know that eating a bana when your not preggo helps with leg cramps. Try and see if they help for you

Walkers said...

Was supposed to say banana*

Walkers said...

And kimi, lol