Saturday, August 25, 2012

Kick off! 21 Weeks

Haven't updated in a hot minute. I had this post in draft but just never got around to it. About 1.5 week ago is when I first started babies kicking. I was so determined to finally feel them {all the books say from 18-22 weeks others say as early as 13 weeks!}.

Nowadays they are very distinct and they are constantly kicking, moving, tumbling, whatever! They are acrobats - kicking me high and low in the belly. Little jabs here and there. Gone are the days that I have to lie down to see their movement (while that is still fun to do). I'll be in my office at work and they'll go wild or even in a meeting and they feel the need to jab me with an elbow. I absolutely LOVE it though. It makes me so happy to know they are healthy and wiggling around. Such a beautiful thing to be a mother, I am over the moon.

P.S. We had our last ultrasound on my dad's birthday, 8/17 {Happy Birthday, Daddy!}. It was a long U/S because Dr. Pevzner had to check the anatomy of the heart. Hearts are strong and healthy looking; Baby B was difficult as always - covering up the chest area this time with arms and resting hands on the face {I swear, gets it from Dad}. So after a lovely 1.5 hour {I always have to take a break in between the U/S's because I get dizzy with lying on my back for so long}, we were finally done. We did learn however Baby A is slightly bigger than Baby B now; they had been so close the whole time if not the same in weight/size. Dr. P wasn't too worried since I'm still in the second trimester for any Twin to Twin Transfusion {since babies share a common monochorionic placenta, one twin at times may receive more nutrients than the other, resulting in a fairly larger, healthier twin}. I pray that this doesn't happen, it's still too early to tell.

Babies are the size of a pomegranate!

How far along? 21 weeks, 4 days
Size of babies: Baby A: 17 oz, Baby B: 14 oz.
Total weight gain: ~20lbs!
Exercise habits: Still recovering from Girls Camp LOL.
Maternity clothes? Yes - found some cute tops/bottoms on clearance at JC Penney's..WOO HOO!
Stretch marks? no..lather up, baby!
Sleep: Lately I've been sleeping later and later...
Best moment this week: Feeling babies go nuts in my tummy
Miss Anything? Not really, been satisfying my hunger :)
Movement:Yes! Yay!!
Food cravings: donuts
Anything making you queasy or sick: still with chicken.
Gender: TBA...yay!
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Belly aches, it's getting bigger that's for sure.
Belly Button in or out? still flat
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Gender reveal photos {check out next blog}
Not looking forward to: Unpacking from the move...STILL
Goals: To have babies be over 4-5lbs and to not deliver until 37 weeks.

No comments: