Saturday, August 11, 2012

There's no place like home {Girls Camp}

It has finally arrived!! I was so excited for this week {saddened that I only spent 1 day at Girls Camp, but excited nonetheless}. Our theme this year was the Wizard of Oz aka There's No Place Like Home.


I ended up driving to Camp Mile High Pines {near Big Bear} with some other leaders for the night. This Girls Camp was definitely different from what I've experienced in the past: they had running showers/actual bathrooms, cabins with bunks, a mess hall, etc. Girls Camp has always been Big Meadow to me and that included hikes, 'biffies', cowboy hash, tents and dirt :) Take a look at what Camp Mile High brought us {it actually felt like Camp K.E.E.P. of all things...}






To be in the mountains and with nature was really relaxing {while it was still kind of hot}. I was in charge of the Thursday night dinner's table presentation. I had put a lot of effort in what I could do with my energy level on the table and of course I left my camera in the cabin while it was finally completed. I was too tired to walk back and forth, even though I should have considering how much time was put into it. Either way I got a few good shots. Each ward was assigned a different value color and name from the camp's theme {IE Orange, The Munchkins for Marina Hills Ward!}. The other wards' tables were really extravagant - and presented very well I might add. I have a few tricks up my sleeve for next year if I'm called again...
































No comments: