Monday, August 6, 2012

Mama B?

So while I love to blog about my babies {c'mon, TWINS!}, I'm sensing a weird thought that that's who I will ever been now. A mother of twins. What will be my identity? What was I like before even getting pregnant? LOL. I can't remember. Everything is them now, and forever will be. Not that I have a problem with that, it's just a weird feeling. I will be responsible for not only my life, but my two babies.

On Wednesday Eric and I celebrate our 3rd year anniversary {omg!}. Time flies. Even though we dated for what seemed like a century, marriage together seems to be going on a rapid pace. We've accomplished a lot so far in our small amount of matrimony: finally reached my dream salary in my career, Eric working on his Bachelor's in Biology, moving out Bakersfield {gasp! 2.5 years going strong! LOL} and becoming parents. Looking back on our wedding, specifically the planning of it all, there would be some major changes if I could do it all over again....and some not at all. I partly wished we separated the day from our sealing ceremony in the LA Temple and reception only due to the fact that everything was rushed. But I had {and still do} have an issue with wearing a white wedding dress for more than one day LOL. I know, silly. Call me traditional...well yeah, that's what I'm called hah. I loved our colors, theme and all the little touches that made our wedding ours. I'm so grateful for all those that assisted and made our day a blessing. Luckily our wedding day is very vivid still in my mind: from the nervousness that I had the night before {we got into a spat lol} and crying to Eric over the phone, to how he looked when I first saw him when we were going into the sealing room. No matter what was going on, I knew for time and all eternity, this is whom I was supposed to be with. This was the man who would be the father of my children, who will love me deeply and unconditionally, who I would counsel unto and trust. I'm so excited to start this new journey with my husband, I can't wait to see what else is in store for us here on Earth.









2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally get the question of who are you? All your time and energy during pregnancy is spent trying to grow the baby (or babies in your case:). And then afterwards, it's a balancing act to try and figure out feeding and sleeping schedules. But you'll find your rhythm and you'll eventually find time to do things outside of your family (hobbies, etc.). You will find NEW things to enjoy, also, while raising your family. I am so excited for you! And GORGEOUS wedding pictures. You were a beautiful bride!

Anonymous said...

Big! I am so thankful that I got to share such a special moment with you, your wedding.

I miss you so much!

And I can't believe your preggo with twins! You are going to be an AMAZING Mother because you were an Amazing Big sis, mentor, and friend. Congrats Big and Eric. Love you both and best wishes!!! P.S. Let me know when the baby shower is!

Estrella